Monday, October 7, 2013

The Bittersweet Taste of Love

Your beauty is that of myths and legends,
So rare and precious that men would fight over you.
For you have become the essence of all things captivating,
In a way, only you could do.

You have stolen my attention,
Like a thief in the night.
And my knees grow weak,
Every time you enter my sight.

With eyes like jewels,
That lure my gaze.
Your skin so soft,
You never cease to amaze.

I find being with you is like a drug,
An emotional high that never descends.
Every time you glance or at me or give me a hug,
I want it to never end.

Your laugh like the rain,
A pleasant sound to my ears.
Yet I watch in fascination,
As you fill me with all the fear,
Of all the things I could wrong,
When you're next to me, right here.
For I would pronounce my undying love for you,
If only you would hear.

But now as you have ignored me,
My day seems as black as night.
Your light is gone from my world,
Vanishing far away from my sight.

And yet I would cross the farthest ocean,
Just to be by your side,
To hear you say my name.
With me you could confide,
All your secrets, all your pain.
All your hurts you want to hide.
But alas, it wasn't meant to be.
So here I will eternally bide,
On the other side of the farthest ocean,
Waiting for you to be here,
By my side.


No comments:

Post a Comment